The obvlo website and mobile apps (the “App”) is owned and operated by Occupyd Limited (“we”, or “Occupyd”) a company registered in Scotland with company number SC598965, having its registered office address at Exchange Tower, 19 Canning Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 8EH.
Basis of Contract
4. Any descriptive matter or advertising issued by Obvlo is issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Service described therein and shall not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
6. Supply of the Service
1. Obligations of all Users
2. Users shall co-operate with Obvlo in all matters relating to the Service.
3. Users shall comply with Applicable Laws and ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
6. Users must not use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Obvlo server, or the network(s) connected to any Obvlo server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Service. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any servers, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Obvlo server or to the Service through hacking, password mining or any other means. You must not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Service.
7. Users must not use the Service for the promotion of third party platforms or any communication Obvlo judges to be unrelated to the Service. Users must not require or encourage other users to open an account, leave a review, or otherwise interact, with a third party website, application or service before, during or after using the Service.
8. Obvlo’ Rights
1. Obvlo is not the owner of the businesses listed on the App.
2. Obvlo disclaims all liability for the legality, accuracy or completeness of any Listings or Content posted on the App.
3. Obvlo is not liable for denial of any services advertised on Obvlo, for example if a Takeaway refuses or is unable to provide its services to the User.
4. Obvlo has no part in any payments/transactions between the User and a Takeaway and is not liable for transactions made outside of the App.
5. Obvlo takes reasonable care in employing conventionally available security measures to keep data of Users safe. Obvlo cannot guarantee safety of this data if its servers or website application are hacked with malicious intent and Users’ data is compromised. If a User has evidence or suspects that another User is accessing their account to deface it or defame them, that User should inform Obvlo immediately. In response, Obvlo may bar access of that the offending User to its systems. Notwithstanding our attempts to prevent such activity, Obvlo does not assume responsibility for any subsequent successful hacking attempt of any User.
6. Although Obvlo provides rules for User conduct, Obvlo does not control or direct Users’ actions on the Site and is not responsible for the content or information Users transmit or share on the Site. Obvlo is not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on the Site. Obvlo is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Use.
7. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
8. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, no warranty or representation on behalf of Obvlo is given that:
• the quality of any Service, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site or any Service provided by or on the Site will meet your expectations;
• the Site or Service provided will meet your requirements;
• the Service will be without interruptions, always timely and secure or free from all errors;
• the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or any Service provided by it will be accurate or reliable;
• any errors in the software of the Site will be corrected; or
• the Site, its servers, any other website Obvlo redirects a User to or any mail sent from Obvlo will not have viruses or harmful components. If any damage is caused to your computer system and any losses accrue it will not be the responsibility of Obvlo. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Obvlo, its associates and affiliates cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any contents. You may be exposed to contents that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. We can only ask you to inform us immediately in order to remove any offensive material.
1. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, Obvlo shall not be liable to Users, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
1. loss of profits;
2. loss of sales or business;
3. loss of agreements or contracts;
4. loss of anticipated savings;
5. loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
6. loss of damage to goodwill;
7. any fines levied by a user by an regulatory authority pursuant to Applicable Laws; or
8. any indirect or consequential loss.
2. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, Obvlo shall not be liable for the deletion or failure to store any Content. Obvlo shall not be liable for any losses incurred by Users while the Service is not operational or is suspended.
3. To the extent permitted by Applicable Law, the maximum liability of Obvlo under this Contract to a User is limited to the amount a User has paid Obvlo for the Service received by that User via the App.
4. Clause 5 shall survive termination of the Contract.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
1. The Intellectual Property Rights in the Site belong to Obvlo or its licensors. You may not use framing techniques to display this app, any part of it or any other proprietary materials of Obvlo.
2. Unauthorised use of the material, data, design, marks, trademark, copyrights or any information may violate intellectual property laws. You acknowledge that your use of the content on the Site will not be misused in any way or violate any Applicable Laws.
Term and Termination
The Contract will remain in full force and effect while Users use the Service and/or have a Obvlo account. Users may terminate their account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in the Service. Obvlo may terminate or suspend Users’ accounts or the provision of the Service at any time in its sole discretion.
1. Assignation and other dealings: Obvlo may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Contract and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Contract to any third party or agent.
2. Entire agreement: the Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in the Contract. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in the Contract.
3. Variation: Obvlo may vary or amend the Contract at any time by notice to each User in accordance with clause 3.
4. Waiver: a waiver of any right or remedy is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A delay or failure to exercise, or the single or partial exercise of, any right or remedy shall not:
1. waive that or any other right or remedy; or
2. prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
5. Severance: if any provision or part-provision of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Contract.
6. Third parties: no one other than a party to the Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
7. Governing law: the Contract, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Scots law.
8. Jurisdiction: each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.
Applicable Laws: means all laws which apply to the Service and/or the Users (including laws relating to the rental of property).
Content: means all information displayed by Obvlo on the app.
Intellectual Property Rights: patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
Listing: means a Takeaway listing on the App.
Service: The Obvlo platform allowing Users to browse and discover takeaways and then be redirected to those third party websites/apps.
Users: the users of the App.
Takeaway: the owner responsible for the Listing on the app.